Donations of a product or service are referred to as In-Kind donations. We accept donations of items that could be used in our office, during presentations, at our emergency shelters, raffle prizes for our fundraising events, or tokens of appreciation for our crisis line volunteers and staff. We also accept services that can offset our administration costs, such as printing, advertising, copier maintenance, and shelter maintenance services. As always, your in-kind donation is tax-deductible. Please contact the office with questions.
Visit our Target Donation Needs list for our shelter and community clients. You can view a printable version here. We gladly accept gift cards to stores where clothing can be purchased. By donating gift cards, you empower Lumina Alliance clients to make purchasing decisions for themselves and their families.
Our recurring needs include:
- Grocery store gift cards and gas cards (denominations of $10, 20, 25)
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Non-perishable food items
- Feminine hygiene products
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Laundry detergent
- Cleaning supplies
- Used cell phones
- Laptops (please completely wipe hard drive before donating)
- New bedding
- Kitchen supplies (only full sets of dishes please) and small appliances
Our agency does not accept certain items. These include:
- Furniture, beds, or large appliances
- Please contact us to see if there is a current need
- New or used clothing, socks, and shoes
- Please donate to local thrift stores.
- New or used stuffed animals
- Please donate to a local animal shelter. Thank you!
- Travel-sized toiletries
- Please donate to 40 Prado